How to Clean Dog Urine from Mattress: 9 Easy Steps
- The first thing you want to do is pay attention to what time of day you start this process. You will want to give your mattress time to completely dry from this process before sleeping on it.
- Remove all bedding and mattress cover.
- Blot up as much of the dog pee as possible using a clean dry towel.
- Pretreat the soiled sheets, mattress pad, and towel with ECO 88 Brands before washing them. Mist these items anywhere they came in contact with urine, then wash as normal.
- If the urine accident is already dry, you may find that a UV Flashlight may help you locate bacteria than you can see with the human eye.
- Begin spraying ECO 88 Brands on the affected areas. A good rule of thumb is to do about 20-30 sprays of product per dinner plate size area of the mattress. You do not need to scrub. Just spray and walk away
- Keep in mind that urine tends to wick outwards as it enters a mattress, so you may want to go another 1-1.5 feet further outwards from the affected area you can see on the top of the mattress. This will help assure you get any odor causing bacteria that has spidered outwards down and into the mattress will also be removed
- Let each application of the product work for 4-6 hours. The product will continue to work for up to 24hrs.
- Note: Chances are the room will smell HORRIBLE as the product works to break down and vaporize the urine bacteria.
- Repeat applications as needed until you no longer smell anything after applying the product. This means there is no more bacteria within the mattress.
Before and After Photo: Removing Dog Urine from Mattress
In this photo you can see a heavily stained mattress that was cleaned with ECO 88 Brands on one side. This mattress had been soiled almost nightly from a sick dog in her last days and weeks of life.
The urine stains were dried when we started to clean this mattress, but we followed the exact “step by step method” laid out above to achieved these results.
Keep in mind, this cleaning was done by only applying ECO 88 Brands, we DID NOT scrub this mattress at all.
You can still notice a little yellowing on the left side of the mattress, but a few more applications COMPLETELY removed it all.
- 0.1 How to Clean Dog Urine from Mattress: 9 Easy Steps
- 1 People Also Ask
People Also Ask
Q: How do you get urine out of a mattress?
A: Urine being a liquid will want to spread out within the mattress when it goes down into a mattress, so one of the last things you want to do it use a lot of water (in an attempt to “rinse” the mattress). Adding more water really only helps to spread out the urine bacteria, and dilute it some. It DOES NOT remove urine. You need to use a solution that will break down and extract the odor/stain causing bacteria, if you want to completely remove the urine.
Q: How do you get rid of the smell of urine?
A: The only way to get rid of urine smell is to break it down into elemental compounds. ECO 88 Brands uses a proprietary blend of oxidizers, surfactants and stabilizers to achieve this. MPP’d will break down the smell of urine and vaporize it, leaving only pure oxygen and h20 in the process.
Q: How do you get cat pee out of a mattress?
A: Cat pee is no different than dog pee to remove from a mattress, just sometimes the cat pee can appear more potent and strong. Just follow the easy steps outlined above to remove cat pee from a mattress. In some cases it may take a few more applications, but if you think about it like “peeling an onion”, each applications is removing a “layer”. Continue applications until no more odor/stain “layers” are present.
Q: How do you clean a soiled mattress?
A: Mattresses often times get soiled from sweat, body oils, and other bodily fluids. The only way to remove these, is to use a cleaner that can both A) penetrate the soiled area, then B) extract the stain causing bacteria. ECO 88 Brands will do just both, all you have to do is follow the directions above as well as those on the bottle itself.
Q: How do you get stains out of a mattress?
A: Stains on a mattress can come from many things. The most common stains on a mattress are caused by bodily fluids (sweat, urine, dead skin, oils, etc). Some other stains can be caused by blood, or even juice, coffee, soda, or tea. All of these stains can be removed with ECO 88 Brands if you follow the directions above.
Popular Search Terms For This Page
how to clean dog pee from mattress
how to get dog urine out of mattress
how to get dog pee out of a mattress
how to get dog pee out of mattress
dog pee on mattress
how to clean dog pee out of a mattress
how to get dog urine out of a mattress
how to get dog pee smell out of mattress
how do you get dog urine out of a mattress
getting dog urine out of mattress
getting dog pee out of mattress
clean dog urine from mattress
how to remove dog urine from a mattress
how to remove dog pee from mattress
how to get dog urine smell out of mattress
how to clean dog urine from a mattress
dog urine out of mattress
how to clean dog pee off a mattress
dog urine on mattress
dog urine in mattress
dog pee in mattress
cleaning dog pee off mattress
clean dog pee from mattress
remove dog urine from mattress
dog urine mattress
cleaning dog urine from mattress